What is Kids' Night./Day Out? | Once a month (November-April) our high school ministry students host a Kids' Night Out for children birth- 5th grade. It's a night of games, crafts, group games, movies, popcorn, video games and more at our church from 6-10PM. The children have a blast as the parents are able to enjoy an evening to themselves! :) HOWEVER, at KIDS' DAY OUT- we help you out for an afternoon during Christmas break! :)
Is it free? | Kids' Day Out is $15 PER CHILD and the proceeds will be given directly to our high school mission trip. Our high school students and leaders host this event as a service to our community as well as to raise funds for their summer mission trip.
Who is watching my child(ren)? | Most of the staff are high school students, that are overseen by 3-5 adults. There is always a CPR/First Aid certified person on the premise and all adults over 18 have passed a background check. The lead staff in the nursery also is over 18, has passed a background check and is trained to work with infants/toddlers.
What are the rules? | We have just a couple of hard and fast rules to ensure the safety of the children that attend this fun evening. Please respect that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules. We thank you in advance for your understanding and adherence to the following:
1) Children younger than 36 months must be in the nursery at all times
2) 3 and 4 year olds will enjoy their time in our fun preschool room until they are invited to join everyone for the movie at 8:15pm
3) School aged children will be split into age appropriate groups (Kindergarten- 2nd & 3rd grade and up) for the first hour of the event (due to numbers as well as games that will be played). Then everyone will be reunited for the rest of the evening
4) If a child is hurt/upset/homesick etc. we will do our best to distract/engage/comfort him or her. Calling the guardian back to the church will always be our last resort, so PLEASE be mindful of that, should you receive a call from us during the evening and please return in a timely fashion.
5) We ask that all participants leave ALL electronics (phones, ipods, gaming systems) at home, if they do make it here, they will be asked to be put in the coat closet, or one of our adults will hold onto it for the event.
WAIVER | By signing up to participate in Kids Day Out, I release liability and waive my right to sue Forest Hills Presbyterian Church, their employees, volunteers and agents from any and all claims, including claims of negligence, resulting in any physical injury, illness (including death) or economic loss I may suffer or which may result from my participation in Kids Day Out.
If something comes up and your child(ren) cannot attend, we encourage you to cancel your spot (or email email@example.com) so that others may sign up to take your place!
Thank you! :)